PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Batman Model

So I have a semi finished model of Batman.
I figured out a great way to use the UV master plug-in in Zbrush. Mask out the chunks of the model and turn them into there own groups.

For Example: I divide Batman's Chest, Back and Padding into different groups and different Subtools in Zbrush and then used the UV master on each one.


Body and Cape Diffuse Texture Map
So my UV's were made and then I exported the Subtools out and rearranged the UVs in Softimage XSI to get a better layout so I could easily edit them when I baked them in XNormal.
Left: Lower Model Right: DanielAraya's Concept
I reduced the amount of polygons from the Zbrush model and used the Softimage Biped Rig to do some quick poses. I need to go back over the model and fix some of the Weight Painting on the hips, they seem to follow the bone more than I want and it made the hips wider. When I posed it, it looks great but if I do more poses then I am defiantly going to have to fix the weighting.

I Googled "Batman Throwing a Batarang" and I saw the screencap from the Gotham Knight: Deadshot and it caught my eye right away. I was looking at the ones from Arkham City and from the animated version of Batman all the way to The Batman; but I wanted to do something more dynamic.  
Images from Google search
From: http://buildingbatman.blogspot.com/2008_11_01_archive.html
So I went with this one. I believe this particular animation was done by madhouse and they also worked on Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (great movie and really good books).
I model a quick batarang based on the Arkham City designs. Batman's design is from http://danielaraya.deviantart.com/art/JLA-CG-Concepts-Batman-180836600.
 
I can see a future CGI JLA movie, especially if Beware the Batman and the Green Lantern show stay a hit. The style for Beware the Batman is done like the Green Lantern show so they would be the over all style. I kind of wish they would do a female show like the Birds of Prey for something different.
Last I heard the writers for Beware the Bat were focusing on the Batman's detective skills and using lesser know villains. I wonder if they will do Hush, I have only seen Hush in the DC universe online and in Arkham City; though I am sure the whole man cutting his face up and making himself into someone else thing may be a little to much for some. At least The Batman had a really really creepy Joker in Batman vs Dracula: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIzcIKEAB9w 
Left: Batman from Beware the Batman Right: Hal Jordan from Green Lantern the Animated Series
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

I mention Arkham City a lot because it was one of the last video games I have played and it was really good, wished it was longer though. But I just got Zero's Escape Virtues Last Reward for the Vita; amazing puzzle game, I loved the first one 9hours 9doors 9persons. If you really want to get your brain working and learn some interesting things get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment