PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Joker Speed Sculpt

I have a test model for a potential job so most of my time has been spent working on that. Thats why I haven't posted in awhile.

I needed to take a break because Zbrush just closed, and left me with a .zzz file. Didn't lose a lot of it was just one of those carp moments. I stopped working on it, if I had kept working on it would have gotten crappy and I probably would have broken my computer (never a good thing to do).

And to make myself feel better, I did a speed sculpt of the Joker (though I think I creeped myself out instead).

I did the "new face" one from the new 52. I was able to read the Batman and Robin one; and Joker is SOOOO creepy in that one. Playing with his face upside down and around; I noticed that you never see under the face"mask". I can't decide if that's creepy or really kind of them to do.



 
So I did this in an hour. I was running out of time near the end (as usual), so the hair is not the greatest thing I have done. I was surprised at how long this took me. I have a video, I didn't check all my setting properly and ending up with the WHOLE Zbrush screen instead of just the document.
 
I was re-reading the ZBrush Professional Tips and Techniques (a VERY helpful book) and I was looking into some of the rendering and materials section and wanted to get Rose to look more realistic. 

And I was able to render her out like so. I still need to mess the BPR settings to get use to them to look better but I am in a better place. I was reading it again it help me with spotlight and that's how I was able to texture Rosa so well. I also needed some help with the test model.
 
 
I started working on Zatanna from the New 52 and the Shiva Cylce from FFXIII. Zatanna for some human practice again and the Shiva Cycle to get some hardsurface modeling under my belt.
Some more human practice.
This is a great combo of Human and Machine

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment