PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Friday, March 8, 2013

Post Apoc / Sketches / YJ GLTAS Animatics

 So here is where my Post Apocalypse character is for the CG hub Challenge is so far. I wanted to do something with a semi real twist. I thought what would I take with me in my house to start with and I wanted to get away from the classic gas mask military look. I looked at a lot of sport gear and amour.
My character turned into an escaped prisoner, I didn't him to have a gun because as cool as that would look you still need bullets. I am having fun making a grimmer character. I wanted to make him super detailed and yet simple at the same time. The swords are Thai E-nep Knives, I was inspire by Black Lagoon character Shenwa and Kratos from God of War.
 
A good start just down to working on the shapes and cleaning up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CG Society Classes started and it seems really nice, great feed back and interesting instructors. Its really nice that they aren't heavy and don't have to be on this time to this time and so on. It's designed for people who are still working and I think that is wonderful. I would love to take more classes if they are as good as this one is. I am really excited about what is to come for the next 7 weeks. 
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 So I finished the Djinn character, now I need to rig him. I am debating whether I should rig him myself or ask someone to rig him and then I can animate him. I don't want the Djinn and Rosa on the same reel, it seem kind of redundant to me. Having someone do the rig show I made a model and someone can rig it (Team work yeah) and then I can animate it OR do all of it myself and show I understand and can do most of the parts (Also yeah).

I am working on a lot of personal projects: I want to build more of an environment for Rosa, something besides the chair and plain floor, I reposed the Deity and am working on cleaning and making the environment, I also have another character planned and working on my sketching skills and just drawing in general.
 

 These are two characters I have in mind. Both have some armor and hard surface components I need to practice on.
Some sketches I did while watching Young Justice and Green Lantern The Animated Series.


I love Brett Booth's work/style, he works on the Teen Titans New 52. I might sit and work on Red Robin again and redo him; if I can get a good rig for the Djinn going then I can have that as a body base template and just add bones as needs be.
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found some animatics of Green Lantern and Young Justice (Both so cool).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XptTX3f4K9s&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7S7ioz589s

I love seeing these, I wonder what a script looks like as in how they write the action scenes. I love going through and seeing the notes and everything.

Now I want to see a previz of the Green Lantern animatic, I saw the episode and it was interesting, I wonder if they were planning on doing an episode when Sinestro turned to fear. Also did anyone else notice the black ring book in the science directors room sucks that the series MAYBE not completed.

http://savetheheroes.com/

I am thinking about sending a death box, like have Zatanna bow tie with a bullet hole in it and some pieces of everyone on the team and have them broken and then have a little blue something in there that says please bring back the show, kind of like Pandora's box and a tiny thing of hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment