PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Amazing Babioles / Batman model

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqZL8eSt384

This is a French show and it is made with blender. The babioles are little squeaky toys and they get into all sorts of trouble. The video and animation on these character are really well done. I have only seen the teasers online and a few seconds of the episodes and it looks amazing. Seeing this has given me some ideas for other things I want to do with my dragon and some more creatures I want to make; also messing with the depth of field on the image and focus on creatures are things I need to look into when I want to place character in a real life image.

----------------------------

I am working on a Batman model. The concept belongs to DanielAraya; I am doing this because I want to show that I can work with someone elses concept. I have been doing a lot of my own designs and drawings that I really haven't been working with another persons style.


I saw this concept ages ago and thought it was amazing and really wished their was a cg Justice League movie. It could still happen, now that DC has Green Lantern and Beware the Batman (both cg TV shows) airing and planned to show on Cartoon Network.

http://danielaraya.deviantart.com/art/JLA-CG-Concepts-Batman-180836600



















When I first saw this I thought it was a model and was really impressed. I later discovered it was as photoshop image and that made me love it even more. I searched to see if anyone else had modeled this concept before and really couldn't find anything, which I was really surprised at.

Left: My Model Right : DanielAraya's Concept
As far as working on the model, it has been really fun so far. I haven't done anything with this style and it really is easy get in the flow with this character design. The model still needs paint and a little more detail in the armor and cape. The hardest part of this has to be the legs and the feet. I don't have straight view so its kind of hard to see the proportions. When the paint is done I will need to put him in the same pose as the concept to see what needs to be touched up and corrected.


No comments:

Post a Comment