PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Friday, August 17, 2012

Finding the momentum

I have been finding those helpful thoughts and pointers that get the brain working and this site has a lot of helpful and just great things to help when I hit a wall and can't find that spark.
http://pb-resources.tumblr.com/tagged/resource. I have also been reading those random word generators; I am planning on playing with a few of them and try and speed sculpt one of the odd creatures that it generates.

I have been working on my Photoshop skills and did this quick coloring job today and fine tuning my execution.The skin tone palette was really helpful. I found it in the http://artiststoolbox.tumblr.com/tags.


http://artiststoolbox.tumblr.com/tags

This is a quick speed sculpt I did yesterday to just do something different and not get so frustrated with a project that I end up destroying it completely. I only gave myself a half hour maybe 45 to do it.

Some of my friends said I need to add things to the tables in the scene and make it seem not so empty. I still need to texture the extra things and add some more things, bottles, maybe another hat, things people left and so on. I think this is coming along well.
This is my female character I am working on. I need to work on the fine details in the clothes but the next step is adding the hands and feet. I am using the ones that come with zbrush as place holders and reference. I have a pair of hands I had built earlier and just need to attach them and work on the shoes.
 
I made different versions of the Hood. When I get this out and make a lower model I will make sure to use the hood up and arm zippers open so everything with function the way it need to. She is coming along wonderfully and I hope to have her done by the end of the month. 





I found an old story concept I made in school and am going to touch the images and make an animatic and try and model the characters in my free time.  I need to get my Photoshop and After Effects whipped back into shape. I also want to model out the Chinese dragon I drew sometime ago.  So I got some silver Christmas ornaments and am hoping they will help me get a decent HDR image I can work with and light the scene. I am planning on using the kitchen table so we will see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment