PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Clean Sheet


2012 has passed. I look at ALL of my best works and doings and see what I did and where I need to improve and set my sights for next year.

Make a list of what I need to accomplish for 2013 (for my art):
  • Human body: Perfect Female Sculpt and do More male sculpts
  • SOMETHING with hardsurfaces i.e. Robotics, Metal
  • More HDR work and rendering
  • Work on lower ver models
  • More drawing.
  • Monsters, creatures, 
  • Mouths from a Dynamesh Model, so I don't always have a closed mouth on the model.
I did some work over the Christmas break/season and finished Zatanna. I also added 4r5 to my system, the auto save feature is really nice, but I hate how the model disappears for a second when I reengage the software.

 It was fun doing the frill/fabric on the corset.  Her hair was the hardest part, it just didn't look right. But then I looked at the Tpose of Rosa and realized, that it's because the face has nothing to it. No Expression
 So I started posing and was shift through Tumblr, and found a image of Zatanna with a cool pose. The over all pose turned out fine but I realized the most important part and something I need to work on. Is the mouth. I need to find a way to sculpt the inside of the mouth for my models in Zbrush. Usually I do the inside of the mouth when I make a low poly version and texture it that way.




I did some drawing as well. Something I haven't done in a while; it was nice to do something outside of tech land.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment