PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Batman Model v2


Daniel Arya's Concept
So like I said in my year view I need to do more styles and redo some of my past models.This is the original concept art by Daniel Arya; awesome artist and really nice considering how terrible the first model I made was; and I just about stroked out looking at the old model and HOW HORRIBLE it was.



Texture Maps for Body
So I re-modeled everything, did not keep a thing. I actually started this one with my alpha mesh and did the arms and large details before I went into Zbrush. I used Zbrush to get the tiny details and large poly painting done.

Texture Maps for Cape/Belt

WIP Scene
So I have him textured and I thought since I need to work on my environments I would try and give me one. This is still a big WIP I sculpted the gargoyles in like 10 minutes and rendered this in Softimage and I used the simple make smoke for the clouds using ICE. I am still trying to find that nice medium for the buildings; I don't want too much detail to take away from the Batman model but I really like the old metropolis feel and the new building growing around it. I think I will sit and really look at Bioshock and Rapture. It has detail but not the kind that is a slap in the face and I think it would work well with this style and the kind of feel I want. Watching ICE tutorials and video to play with particles and get some more effects in the scene. Just something I would like to know more and kind of improve. Did a little bit of particle work in Maya but haven't really worked in ICE.

No comments:

Post a Comment