PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Work Work and Reading

I am working on the scene of the post apocalypse character for the CG Hub Challenge. I am toying with using the creature I sculpted. I need to perfect the sand and play with the lighting. I am planning on using this character in my reel when I have the whole scene finished.
Yet another reel piece, I am toying with the environment for Rosa, and I am perfecting my animation as best as I can. And I have revisited the Zbrush model cleaned up the anatomy errors. I have a new pose in mind for her Zbrush model, if I can get it to look right I will used that instead of the one she has now.
I fixed her hands and cleaned the feet up on the this model (this is the old image and pose) I am thinking about putting her in a whole semi-scene like I had her riding the crab from the first concept I had.  








I am putting the Djinn to the side, not because he isn't good or unfinished, I think it would be better to perfect what I have. I am still modeling more characters but I am spending time fine tuning the ones I have. I am rigging the Djinn still and given my animation skills I may ask someone to animate him, if the rig is good enough. I want to show that I can do a little bit of everything, lighting, rigging, animation and some compositing.

Most people would say "don't put it on your really if it isn't great", then when I say "I can animate on a pre-viz/pre production level" they'll ask "why don't you have animation on your reel?" The catch 20-20. Though I am may be over thinking somethings I am still of the opinion it is better to prepare for the worst and pray for the best.  Anyway,



I have a pose of the Deity, I am really proud of how the hands turned out on this. The leg arms and the back ones I really like. I want to get all of those intense feelings into the whole body. A feeling of loss, anger and defeat. I need to do the fibers/fur still and the background but its coming along. I might have this on my reel but I don't know if having him would be a good idea. I am trying to show a variety of characters; I might have him as the creature but I'm not sure yet. 

Also along the same sad, emotional line. I read Batman and Robin #18, and it was inspiring. It is a silent comic, no one said anything and I didn't even notice that till I read it again. I loved this panel because it hurt so much; I never read the issues when Jason died but I saw Under the Red Hood and it was really really sad, and they ended it with Jason saying "This is the greatest day of my life" when he was a young Robin, tore my heart out. This comic just ripped my heart out and turned into the tiny pieces of lint you find in your pockets. I also love the panel when Batman is in the shower and his suit is covered in blood and he looks so broken. All I can think about when I read this comic now is "Pity the Grieving man, Fear the Grieving Father"

No comments:

Post a Comment