PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Monday, March 25, 2013

Characters and Creatures

I have been doing more sketching and drawing and found an interesting suggestion. Close your eyes and let you hand wander on the page and then make that scribble into something. I treat my scribbles as silhouettes for the characters I see

I think I will take one of these little guys and do some speed Sculpting. These are only a few of the batch I have done. I am really looking at hardsurafce design and was inspired by Metal Gear Rising style but more on that later




 The Deity is okay so far, I don't know what but the Fibers don't seem to render properly and I think it looks wrong.














The Post Apocalypse scene is coming and going I have the scene laid out but I am not sure if I am will add the flying version of the creature. The scene seems to crowded as it is. Maybe a dead one in the sand to break up the sand behind the character.





Rosa's new pose is coming along I am not sure if it exactly what I had in mind. I wanted to do a new pose but I think this is just one those things that I did because I like posing a character and seeing the personality come out.






 


I have been looking at Metal Gear Rising and I love the style, the metallic anatomy of the characters. I really need to do some hardsurface work and I think I have a decent concept in mind. I looked through all of the concept art I could find of the Metal Gear Series. One of the sites I visit is http://www.creativeuncut.com/, it has all kinds of production art and concepts of games and character designs. And I have been analyzing the concepts and working them out.
Still in heavy WIP but I have high hopes, semi good start. I am jumping from Zbrush to XSI
I am working on the Pieta again and I am working on Mary, and lord the wrinkles and folds are painful but it has been fun. Fold-Zilla and Wrinkle-Soruas I have taken to calling her.


Here are some of the things I have been doing for my modeling class at CG Society.













I have seen a lot of amazing movies recently, I saw Rise of the Guardians and it was not what I thought it would be. There was a ton of action and interesting effects. I loved the way they made Jack Frost's ice act like lighting; fascinating idea to make the Tooth Fairy a humming bird. Les Miserables was interesting, I have never seen it before and it was well done. I feel like every Disney female character song came from Les Mis. Interesting Cinematography making everyone be off center and super focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment