PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rosa, Full Circle


I have redone a character I did last year. I really, really, do hate myself for this model looking at the old one now. I may have had some brain damage at the time (probably when I was fighting those ninjas while saving a bus full of deaf and blind orphans in the care of nuns)
OLD Rosa



OLD Rosa
I was young, and really dumb. Really dumb, but being older I have made this new one
NEWEST Rosa
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 So I remade her.
As my new usual, I started with a Dynamesh Sphere and built form there.
This is an early shot, I was still working on the over all body and look.

The monkey and the crab are the ONLY 2 things that came from the old model. I think they were the only two good things out of that model.



At this point I had already polypainted the body and started posing her. I was toying with using Fibermesh but I chose not to because it did not look right. So all the hair is sculpted, even the eyelashes which turned out great.





 So I added some of the odd ends so she wouldn't look too naked. I was worried that the belt was too much and at number 3 she looked too busy.







But I think the 3rd one looks the best and she feels more complete.
Polypaint the odd ends, (shawl, whip belt...), on the Tposed model and the posed model. I used the Spotlight tool, Alpha channels and the Color Spray option to paint her.
Then a BPR render and check the model.
I am proud of this, I have gone full circle; from the really crap first model to this one. I plan on doing a low poly version of the model and hopefully get it done soon, so I can edit my reel to add her. I had planned to cover her in water drops but it didn't turn out like I had hoped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment