PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

VIII Strength


Art by Genevieve Tsai (http://charicreatures.com)

So this a project I did awhile ago and got to a really nice place a few weeks ago and just didn’t have the time to post it til now. :3. This is based on a piece by Genevieve Tsai (http://charicreatures.com) depicting the 8th major arcana tarot card Strength. I had seen the piece on pinterest and while at work it was haunting me. I just couldn’t stop thinking about how I really wanted to make a 3D version of this great take on the strength tarot card.









Day 1 Sculpts



 The gray images are what I had achieved in one whole day of sculpting on my day off. I modeled her in a simple tpose then I took the model sans the long hair to Maya used advance skeleton to make a quick rig and posed her there. The wolf heads are all dynamesh spheres; I sculpted one head and then shaped the different expression, duplicate and repeated till I had all 3 heads. I used Zspheres to make his body’s base mesh.






Critique
I had not ask for Genevieve ‘s permission to work with her art; so before I went to do anything else I email Genevieve. She was really kind; thought it was amazing (*blush*) and even gave some pointers (I am always nervous that someone will really not like what I have done or at least tried to do)  So the following day I painted and combined the models, I used Zbrush to make some UVs and then exported some moderately lower versions to Marmoset Toolbag 2(http://www.marmoset.co). A great render tool, think I mentioned that not sure. And was able to make a pretty nice model of Strength.
Marmoset Toolbag 2 Render

No comments:

Post a Comment