PortfolioSite

djwiley912.weebly.com

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Update



Wednesday is my birthday and we are going to Vegas on Thursday for my 21st and will be sadly, returning on the following Tuesday. I have been really busy with family and projects. Dad's birthday last weekend, we went to see the Liechtenstein at the Art Institute, not really my thing but it was nice to see some of the other works.

 These are some of my favorites in Renaissance area. Seeing these got me in the mood to do some sketches and I thought I would do some body sculpting in Zbrush and get my oil paints out again and do some painting.
 
I have been touching this in between other projects, I am gonna practice and do more human body sculpting. I am juggling drawing characters and redoing my storyboard to make into a quick animatic.
 
Speaking of sculpting I started the Chinese dragon for the game of cards. I bought a Christmas ordainment for HDR images to use as lighting. I revisited the Kiss to have something to practice taking HDR shots with. I don't have a big fancy camera just used a small Sony camera.
It turned out nicely for the first test run. I don't think I will use the area in front of the mirror any time soon. If I do I think I need to do it in the day time so I won't need the head lights that wash everything out. I used Softimage to place them and the HDR shot to light them. I touched it up in Photoshop to add some grain and more shadows.
 
 
I finished Maria as well, and got the low model built and sent off to Michael Bryant to rig. When I get her back I will have all my materials for my new reel.


Low
 

No comments:

Post a Comment